Thursday, February 9, 2012
The thing is, at the beginning of the year I counted up 23-24 UFOs in my photo album. So I thought I would try to finish two a month this year and get them all DONE. So far I have finished and sent four to the LA quilter, so I'm on schedule.
Trouble is that I have found or put together "parts" that make SEVEN additional unfinished projects. I sure hope that I keep my enthusiasm up for finishing a number of neonatal quilts from these before the collection date in late March. I'm planning on getting some quilted at home after my knee surgery during the recovery period. I will be able to sit at my sewing machine, won't I?
Today I did move one of them along. With fabric from Joey in the World Wide Swap I added the final borders to this "Pyramids & One Teepee" quilt. She sent just the right maroon/red fabrics to go with the flowered triangles from long ago. Her fabrics inspired me to also sew together more of the same colors for the backing, so this is now ready for home quilting.
That won't happen until the end of the month when we return from St. Louis. But for now it is all set.
Hmm, I just went and counted how much is done: six squares out of sixty. Let's see, if I do one a day [ that would include two side rectangles], I should have 20 done when I return. YIKES, this is going to be a long term project.
Can go back to an arthritis pain reducer that also reduces inflammation
Leftover chicken stew [Thanks Lynne!]
Chemically induced stress test now behind me